Foster the health and well-being of immigrant and refugee communities through the education, arts, advocacy and access to care.
With a multifaceted approach targeting the social determinants of health through support, networking, and community engagement, CHAT is able to improve immigrant and refugee health and well-being by reducing isolation, facilitating acculturation, and connecting resources unlike any other existing organization in Houston
1. Develop long-term strategies to advance immigrant and refugees into healthy productive lifestyles in Houston
2. Forge and leverage alliances and partnerships based on multidimensional approach targeting Social Determinants of Health in the immigrant and refugee population of Houston
3. Enable immigrant/refugee to sustain their culture while adapting to new Houston community
4. To connect the refugee and immigrant population to a wide range of necessary services that will comprehensively lead to a culture of health amongst this population
5. Gather strong data to be able to build evidence on effectiveness, improve future programming, and provide key insights imperative to improve population’s health